Monday, September 28, 2009

Potty Trained!!!

I am very happy to announce that Sadie Beth is more or less potty trained! We started doing the whole "big girl" panties thing about a month ago. She was doing pretty well. Then she went on an antibiotic and in my most sincere efforts to avoid yucky messes I decided to go back to diapers. That worked for a few days until my little miss decided she no longer wanted anything to do with diapers during the daytime. I kept replacing the diapers she kept removing until she finally looked up at me with those irresistible, blue eyes and said, "Please Mommy, I Sadie Beth wear big girl panties." What else do you do with that? So I got the girl her panties and we haven't looked back. Maybe only 2 (3?) accidents in the last 2 weeks - and each one of those times were actually my fault. I should know better than to tell a not-even two year old (at the time) that she couldn't go potty. What the heck is wrong with me? :) So, off we went and never looked back. We still do diapers for naptime and nights, but she hasn't been wet after a single naptime in over a month. And nights are becoming increasingly drier - even a handful of totally dry mornings. To be honest, I could do without those because they are the nights when she wakes up at 3:45am and starts shouting out, "I wear big girl panties!" which is code for "I'm not going back to sleep until I potty." As soon as she gets past her recent sore throat/cold totally, evening liquid consumption will definitely be limited.
So, all that to say, don't be alarmed at the frequency of pictures in which Sadie Beth is solely in her big girl undies....it's just been easier to not wear clothes these days. Now that cooler weather is upon us, she will be clothed more often than not.
Here Sadie Beth demonstrates her version of the "lamberaina" (sp?) - a hispanic dance performed by 2 professional dancers, Zoe, and a lamb on her most favorite episode of Sesame Street. She's a dancing fool when this segment comes on...though as far as I can tell, she has inherited my coordination and dancing skills...which doesn't bode well for her in the future.
My little girly-girl.
One pretty afternoon we enjoyed some time at Papa John's headquarters feeding the ducks and walking in the sunshine.

Sadie Beth always seems more interested in eating the stale bread we bring for the ducks than sharing it with them. Yuck.
The CHOICE of the day - which big girl panties to wear. I've been trying to teach Sadie Beth about making choices. Each day I give her 2 pair to choose from and it usually takes about five minutes of deliberation before reaching her decision. She will pick one, hand me other saying, "this one LATER" and then shouts, "I CHOOSED!!!!!"
So we've been doing this a lot...
Might as well be entertained...
One cup for each hand is Sadie Beth's motto...doesn't she look big?

Sadie Beth is very excited about her new backpack. She calls it her "honeybees" bag since she takes it each Wednesday night. One day my sweet girl is going to go to school...

2 comments:

Hillary Redden said...

I have to say I am JEALOUS! Cole wants nothing to do with the toilet. I think it is going to come down to me taking away his diapers. Congrats though! Very nice before #2 comes along; hopefully SB won't resort back to diapers then.

katy said...

She is so precious! I love to hear what she says, she cracks me up. :)