Wednesday, June 30, 2010

No peas please!

Sadie Beth ate anything I put in her mouth, pretty much no questions asked. She didn't really like eggs and still doesn't to this day unless it is some sort of casserole, but other than and avocado that didn't protest much to anything I fed her as a baby. All in all, she is a MUCH easier baby than Sadie Beth, but Ainsley's taken me for a bit more of a ride when it comes to the great wide world of food....
I fought starting foods until just before she was six months old - it is just so easy to stick with nursing only. But she was starting to wake at night to eat, so I knew she needed more. I honestly didn't mind (and even treasured) those 4am feedings but didn't want to reinforce bad habits for the long term so I finally gave in. So much changes it seems when I start my babies on food - they just start growing up so fast. Ainsley started doing all sorts of developmental things and it just so happened to coincide with dropping her dreamfeed and starting solids that she stopped sleeping til 8am and started waking at 6:30! What's up with that?!?
Not so sure what she thinks, but she'll stay all smiles for a little while at least. It's kindof a game to figure out what she wants to eat - because it changes all the time. And if she isn't in the mood for what you try to give her, WATCH OUT!!! But don't worry, just because she's not in the mood for it now, doesn't mean she won't want it later...probably even the next meal.
Except for peas, she never is in the mood for peas. :) Or greenbeans. But spinach, oh yes - she and Sadie Beth gobbled up a jar of spinach and carrots yesterday. It was one of the strangest things I've seen in a long while. "Yuck" was my only thought, but I told Sadie Beth I would get her some more if she wanted it - who cares if it was pureed, my 2 year old was begging me for spinach. Who am I to get her way?Right now, she's a little orange tinted - because she LOVES her sweet potatoes, squash, and peaches. And sure, Jesus said that man cannot live on bread alone, but Ainsley thinks she can live on applesauce alone. She would eat it all day long if I let her.
Ainsley's my sweet girl. Even if I make her mad during mealtime - which often seems to be the case - she never stays mad for too long. Before you know it, she's back to her sweet smiley self. :)

No comments: