Friday, September 14, 2007

Still 2...but making progress...38 weeks, 6 days!

Time for the weekly report! I just got back from my routine dr. check-up, and things are still progressing. I'm still 2 centimeters dilated, but I have gone from 25% to 70% effaced! Scout hasn't gotten too much bigger, so we don't need to be quite as concerned about having a 10 lb baby...it's likely she will still be chunky, but not HUGE! I've still only gained around 3 lbs, so I am very thankful for that. I've been having off and on contractions (I think), and Dr. Bruneau said probably more than I realize because of the way my tummy feels. She went ahead and "stripped" my membranes...a not very pleasant procedure that I won't describe in any further detail, but it is likely to get labor going within 72 hours, so maybe we will have a baby soon! I'm still feeling pretty good, but have been getting VERY tired in the afternoons. A diet Mt. Dew seems to do wonders to perk me up though. :)
I had a shower last weekend in Brownstown with the fam following my great-aunt's 95th birthday celebration. Never a dull moment there. The picture on the right is a picture of my cousin Jennifer and I with our baby bellies. She is expecting a little boy in November, so he and Scout will be close in age. How about my nice swollen ankles? I won't miss those at all...that's for sure. You can see my Great Aunt Ginny on the left. She is sitting next to my Mom in the picture with the cane. 95 and still kicking! She is the "woman in charge" when it comes to anything in our extended family. David and Adam (Jennifer's husband) look a little outnumbered, eh? I was going to let David go and watch football, but then Adam stayed so David, being the sweet man that he is, stuck it out as well. Not much else to report. Guess we are maily just super excited to meet our baby girl!

No comments: