Friday, May 9, 2008

Not for the weak stomached....

As I mentioned in the "About Me" section to the right, this blog is the day to day story of our family...and for storytime today I will share with you a couple of the less appetizing events in our home over the last couple of days. I'll warn you -- if you are easily grossed out...please don't read any further...

Event #1 - "the shower monster" - I mentioned to David the other day that I thought the shower was draining more slowly than it used to. It makes sense that I noticed this and not David because his showers take so much less time than mine do. So, as the dutiful husband, he went and pried open the drain cover and a few seconds later I heard, "oh...my...gosh...this is the most disgusting thing I've ever seen." I have to admit, it's up there on my list as well. What is it, you may ask. Well, it's not a snake. It's not some unidentified creature. It's my hair...Needless to say, I noticed significant difference in the speed that the water drained during my next shower. Eww...yuck.
And how could you resist this beautiful, adorable face? She couldn't possibly be capable of anything gross, could she? Well, tonight I was getting ready to give her a bath and asked David to get her undressed for me. He took her into the living room and sat on the floor. They played there for a minute or two, David sliding Sadie Beth around on the floor. She likes that so it was fun. Then I heard another, "Oh oh oh...honey I need help...um, I have poop all over my hand!" I hadn't noticed that she had a dirty diaper. I had just checked her a few minutes earlier so hadn't really expected anything. This is what David found when he started to undress her for her bath!! It made it up to the tops of her should blades when all was said and done. And oh yes...it was on the carpet too.
Eww...yuck...again. We hadn't dealt with this for awhile...David's "fun" came back to get him.
So, there's the nitty, gritty, smelly details of a couple of exciting things from the Balzer household this week. Perhaps a bit too much information, but now you have...THE REST OF THE STORY.

3 comments:

Hillary Redden said...

Maybe just a little "too much information"! I seriously gagged when I saw the last picture. I love Sadie Beth's face in the last picture though! :)

katy said...

Ewwww! That was gross! :)

Anonymous said...

HAHA. i've had the hair thing before. totally amazing how something that is yours can make you so sick isn't it?

and as far as sadie beth's poopy back...yuck. i just don't know how i'm ever going to be a mom. i just don't think i can handle that :( but seems like you and david are doing just fine! haha.

hope you have a great day!
becky