Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I couldn't resist...

David found this picture on a Yahoo news story a few days ago and I thought it was so precious. I can't remember the details but this is a cat that has "adopted" a baby panda bear. Here the baby bear is nursing on the cat. Unbelievable huh?

Not too much new to report from the Balzers. Sadie Beth is into everything now. I really believe that if she could talk and you asked her what her name is she would probably respond, "My name is Sadie-Beth-No-Don't-Touch-That!" I'm working on making our home kid-friendly but that is easier said than done with the setup of my dad's condo. She understands what "No" means and often when I say "Sadie Beth..." with a hint of warning in my voice she looks back at me with this ridiculously mischieveous grin that indicates she knows exactly what I'm talking about.
These aren't quite the face I'm talking about, but are a little mischieveous....

We have been spending as much time as possible outside. Sadie Beth LOVES going to the pool which of course makes this mommy very happy. She is the star there and eats up all the attention she gets from all our neighbors. Hopefully I will have more pictures of the pool soon but usually can't take pictures since I am by myself with her. Heather and Elijah have been over a few times to swim and the babies are fun together. This was before heading over...
When it isn't super hot, I take Sadie Beth outside to play under the tree on our picnic blanket. She likes exploring around the grass and leaves.......and eating them.
If you've been around Sadie Beth for at least 5 minutes, you've probably heard her growl. I think this is her favorite way of communicating. This morning I was trying to get her to wear a straw hat that her Aunt Darla picked out and I think she was afraid of it. She would fling it off her head across the floor and then growl at it very intensely. She did this probably 10 times...with this face...
If only I could read her mind...

3 comments:

Jeni said...

Thanks for the advice - seems like Pampers is definitely the way to go! I can't wait to hear Sadie Beth growl!

Jackie Bragg said...

She is too cute! I love the picture of her playing with the leaves. See you soon.

katy said...

She is so cute! :) I'm glad you all are having such a good summer! I am so jealous that you have a pool to go to anytime you want!