Friday, June 27, 2008

"Sacred"

I've always really liked the group Caedmon's Call. For Christmas I was given their latest CD, but only recently have taken the time to listen to it. One of the songs, "Sacred," really jumped out to me, as it talks about the life of a stay at home mom. I think it is so easy to get caught up in the day to day routine of being at home...diapers, grocery shopping, cooking, nursing, baths, naptimes, cranky babies...that it becomes easy to forget just how precious each moment is. This song has reminded me that each day I get to spend with Sadie Beth and hopefully at least a few more little ones is indeed sacred. I LOVE my job...really I wouldn't change anything. I am so blessed.
Below are the lyrics to the song with some images from our days that come to my mind when I hear it. I hope these words are as much of a blessing to my blog-reading-mommy-friends as they have been to me!
this house is a good mess
it’s the proof of life
no way would I trade jobs
but it don’t pay overtimeI’ll get to the laundry
I don’t know when
I’m saying a prayer tonight
cause tomorrow it starts again
could it be that everything is sacred?
and all this time
everything I’ve dreamed of
has been right before my eyes
the children are sleeping
but they’re running through my mind
the sun makes them happy
and the music makes them unwind
my cup runneth over
and I worry about the stain
teach me to run to You
like they run to me for every little thing
when I forget to drink from You
I can feel the banks harden
Lord, make me like a stream
to feed the garden
wake up, little sleeper
the Lord, God Almighty
made your Mama keeper
so rise and shine
rise and shine cause
everything is sacred
and all this time
everything I’ve dreamed of
has been right before my eyes
In other news, the Balzer world has changed in the last 48 hours.....Sadie Beth has gone from being pretty immobile to sitting up and CRAWLING!!! We were kindof wondering if she would ever crawl, but watch out because here she comes!

6 comments:

Jenn's Blog said...

Yay for Sadie Beth!! You have a crawler, watch out!!:)

Jackie Bragg said...

I love the song and oh so true. Congrats on you crawling baby girl! What a fun time! See you soon.

katy said...

That is a sweet song, thanks for sharing. :) I can't believe Sadie's crawling now, I hope you have things baby-proofed!

Anonymous said...

oh blair! you're such a sweet and amazing mother. i'm so glad that you're taking time out of your busy day to sit and treasure your moments with sadie beth. i can't imagine how fast the last few months have gone for you, but i'm sure they've flown by.

i'm so thrilled that she's crawling and moving around...i always thought that was the fun part. it's like she's exploring everything for the first time all over again!

hope you're having a great week!
becky

jane said...

What a beautiful little girl!
[from Jeni's Mom]

Anonymous said...

Hey Blair!

Sadie Beth is absolutely adorable! She's getting so big! :-) The song lyrics are beautiful, too. Thanks for sharing!