Monday, June 16, 2008

A Tribute to our favorite Daddy....

(I've been working on this post for awhile now....unfortunately it's a bit late due to having a VERY sick baby...better late than never I suppose...)

Happy Father's Day to my most wonderful husband! I am so incredibly blessed beyond what I could ever dream to be married to such a loving, caring, giving man. David is an amazing husband to me and daddy to Sadie Beth. He works so hard every day at Humana to provide for us and then he comes home and jumps right in with hardly any sort of break to help with Sadie Beth or whatever else is going on. He just gives and gives and gives, and I love him so much that sometimes I really think I'm just going to burst.

I love watching David with Sadie Beth...I may be her #1 (probably because I've got the milk!), but she definitely thinks her Daddy is the COOLEST person in the whole world. She has a blast when they spend time together. She wants to do everything that Daddy does...it's pretty funny.


And now a little bit of a picture show of my sweet baby and her big strong handsome daddy...

It was love at first sight for David and Sadie Beth....she was a great birthday present for him!

The Balzer family of 3 for the first time!

Sadie Beth loved hearing David sing from the very beginning. Aren't they just 2 peas in a pod?

David got to give Sadie Beth her first bottle! He was a pro from the beginning.
She has always been very interested in whatever David is doing.
I think they were watching football. :) And I don't think either of us ever get tired of doing this...

Oftentimes on Saturday mornings, I will go back to sleep and David will take care of Sadie Beth after I nurse. They always have lots of fun doing exciting things like flying.......and making faces at each other!
One Sunday after church...

Sadie Beth has been a bit of a finicky eater when it comes to solid foods. She likes most of the foods we offer her, but the problem is more that she isn't necessarily often in the mood to eat. This was actually getting a whole lot better before she got sick. One funny thing is that often times she would refuse to eat for me until would David come in and eat a snack in front of her...then she would eat no problem! I try this trick and get no response...whatsoever. I guess Daddy has the magic touch.

Honey-bunny, I love you!!! Thanks for being a great husband for me and Daddy for Sadie Beth. We are so blessed by you each day.

3 comments:

Jackie Bragg said...

How wonderful! What a blessing to have a great husband and a beautiful baby girl. God is sooo good.

katy said...

Aww, sweet post. :) I am way impressed with the Saturday morning thing... I might need to try to implement that in the Durec household. :)

Jenn's Blog said...

Arn't we soo lucky to have such wonderful daddys in our lives!! Love ya and we do need to get together really soon.