Monday, November 17, 2008

Introducing (on my blog)...Not Me Monday!!!

Recently I started reading this fabulous blog about a mom who calls herself MckMama and her four little-bitties...(thanks Jenn for getting me hooked on yet ANOTHER blog). I appreciate this mom's transparency and helpful ideas. She started what she calls a "blog carnival" called "Not Me Mondays" and I LOVE IT. It's all about the mistakes made, corners cut, and mishaps happened that we've lived to tell (and laugh) about as moms....
I'm not usually into jumping on these bandwagons, but this is fun! MckMama really is right...writing your Not Me's and reading others is really therapeutic activities. So, my friends, I challenge you to own up (DENY) and laugh about all the ridiculous things that happen in daily life with....

Here I go:
1. My potty training 14-month old certainly did not reach into her pottty chair and touch her poopy this morning....I would never let that happen. That would be gross. And I would never laugh about it either.

2. Following that incident, I didn't absent-mindedly pick Sadie Beth up and hold her against me to wash her hands in the sink BEFORE wiping her poopy bottom and so there wasn't poo all over my pj shirt that my loving husband had not just washed the night before. I then did not proceed to wear the shirt for 15-20 more minutes before finally starting a load of laundry. Yuck!

3. I never dreamed of spending too much time playing a Super Mario game on the Wii this weekend - I am far too responsible and productive to do that. Nor did I hold my baby in my lap and play for several minutes to get to a save spot - I know better than letting my baby watch TV, let alone video games! I'm not nearly that "into" games...

4. I definitely didn't spend time making David a batch of peanut butter cookies on Saturday night, only to let them sit out all night long and become, very, well, "crunchy" - (stale)...that would be ridiculous. And I certainly would not eat more of those (stale) cookies than David....

5. Lastly, I never would have laughed on Saturday morning when I got up at 10am thanks to my sweet man of a husband after finding Sadie Beth wearing the following: a sleeper, a pair of cotton pants over the sleeper, a long sleeved shirt over the sleeper, a pair of blue jeans over the cotton pants, and a sweater over the long sleeved shirt...and don't forget her 2 bows!

There you have it...my Not Me Monday....now it's your turn! And by the way, I would NEVER let my daughter walk around the majority of the day with food on her face.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Now this was HILARIOUS, and I had to cover my mouth to keep from laughing out loud at work!

Looks like I'm about to get hooked on another blog as well...I'll have to check out MckMama....

Jason and Jodee said...

Hey, if your cookies get stale just put them in a container or bag with a fresh piece of bread. They will suck the moisture out of the bread and become chewy again! After a day or so, remove the bread as it should be pretty hard. And I understand about the (not) obsession with Mario :).

katy said...

That was really fun to read! So cute. :) I've read that blog before as well, it's pretty amazing!