Saturday, January 2, 2010

Longest post in the history of blogging....

Boy I wish we had a laptop - then maybe I could blog every now and then. With Ainsley sleeping in the office it's just hard right now, but this will change. I am also making a sincere effort to be more productive around the house with my time during naps, so this leaves evenings. If I choose to write in the evening then I don't get to spend time with my wonderful hubby since the computer is in the office. Hence, a laptop would solve these dilemmas....maybe someday. Not a big priority....that's for sure.
I love my girls, that's another for sure thing. Here are some fun pictures from November.

Ainsley takes a nap upstairs every now and then. I need to be doing this more often so she can get used to her crib. She's so tiny here! It's amazing (and a little sad) how fast the "tiny" stage passes. I wish I could just bottle it up and hang onto it.
Sadie Beth loves waking up the "boo-bear-squeaker" - her chosen nickname for Ainsley.

Here is Sadie Beth's most favorite outfit in the whole-wide-world. It's 18 months, so it is starting to get a bit small for her (finally). She would wear it every day if we let her. The white shirt has a "girl" sewn on it, so she calls it her "girl shirt."
David with his girls - seeing this makes my heart well up with joy and gratefulness.
Sadie Beth loves to hold her "little bitty teeny tiny baby boo bear." She asks to all the time.
What I love is that she acts likes she's been holding newborns forever, like she's an old pro.
Poor Ainsley. I've developed a sincere sympathy for second borns.

Ainsley was such a snuggler at first. Now she has decided I'm much more useful as a source of nourishment only and just pecks at me any time I try to snuggle or rock her. Makes me sad - if only I didn't smell like sour milk all the time.
My little scowler...she's always evaluating. Maybe she will be very analytical like her Daddy.


Such a goof with her silly faces.
Does it get any better?

Time to start using the SwaddleMe! It didn't take her long to get out of the hospital swaddle blankets. I don't think we will need to swaddle her as long as we did Sadie Beth...fine by me!
Sadie Beth's "job" is to get me a diaper and take care of the dirty ones. Sometimes, she loves it...when she's not too busy.
At this point, Sadie Beth still thought having a baby was a great idea. That changed some for awhile, but she's coming back around.
Still scowling....

Sadie Beth loves to "love" on Ainsley. Most of the time we try to encourage her. Then there are the times we remember she is 2 year old...like when she she pinches her nose or her cheeks and says, "Choke!" Who knows where she picked that up? Or what she thinks she's doing? She's definitely not trying to be mean and thinks it is hilarious.
Sadie Beth decided she no longer needs supervision while holding Ainsley. She orders us as serious as can be, "Mommy go into the KITCHEN." When you say, "No, Mommy needs to stay and help you...." she tries again, "Mommy needs to go into the KITCHEN." Then she smiles really mischieveously (sp?)...I wonder what she's thinking...

Again, acting like she does this all day long. Who's the mom here?
As illustrated in the background, we seriously need some toy storage/organization help - we are looking for some shelves or something - it's all so expensive though!
Still scowling....
"Choking" Ainsley's ear - again, not sure what that's all about. Neither is Ainsley.
My poor second born - so we get home from the hospital and we realize we don't have anywhere to put her! We always let Sadie Beth lay on the floor on blankets, but the floor is no longer a safe place with our busy firstborn on the loose. So, for awhile she got to hang out on the kitchen table. I don't think she holds it against us. Now we have her a bouncy seat and a swing so no more kitchen table for Ainsley!
She was such a sleepy head in the beginning that we always stripped her down to keep her awake. Then I would worry she was cold and cover her up.
Sadie Beth loved her pumpkin she got from a local fall festival and insisted that Ainsley wanted to look at it. Shortly thereafter, she felt nervous about the whole "sharing" deal emphatically declared her ownership of the pumpkin...

First tub bath! Ignore the scowling, she was definitely a fan.
Another sharing attempt...we encouraged Sadie Beth to "share" her Mickey with Ainsley. She did a great job and the rest of the night talked about sharing with her baby.
We often catch Sadie Beth, who thinks she being a big helper, trying to "bounce" Ainsley. Again I say, "Poor Ainsley." She'll either grow up to be super laid back or decide to fight back. We'll see.
Ainsley isn't even 2 weeks old yet in these pictures, but I thought it was kindof neat how she was holding onto Mickey - even if it was totally unintentional.
hehehe...
Princess clothes and Elmo - for Sadie Beth life was great at this moment.


Getting our tree up this year was quite the fiasco. About 2/3 of our fairly new pre-lit tree decided not to light up. We were so excited to decorate but this temporarily killed our Christmas spirit so we decided to postpone while I pouted for a day or two. Then I sucked it up and just wrapped lights around the uncooperative sections. It actually looked nice when all was said and done.
I'm not sure....maybe showing her baby the lights?

Already getting so much bigger in her bouncy seat!
Still intrigued by the fish....
One of her first smiles...or was it gas...I don't know.
This was my first Thanksgiving not at our big family get together, which was definitely a bummer. We have some fun traditions that I definitely missed. But Ainsley was just too small for such a big day. So we enjoyed some time our small group Thanksgiving...just down the street from our house.
We are SOO blessed by our friends from Highview. We love our ABF class and our small group.
Between the 6 families in our small group, there are 14 kids I think....
And Sadie Beth has a blast playing with them.
Ainsley wearing one of her first official "outfits." Babies are fun to dress up, but sleepers are so stinking easy...and warm.
Aunt Sarah came to visit!!! Sarah is one of my most favorite people in the world and she was so sweet to do lots of driving just to spend a few hours with us the day after Thanksgiving. Made my day.
Sadie Beth loves her Aunt Sarah and her Aunt Bridget very much - even though she doesn't see them too often she must know they are special to me because she takes to them right away every time.

Ainsley says, "Are we finally done?" Yes, sorry for the ridiculous post. If you made it this far, you should win a medal. If you didn't, well I understand.

No comments: