Saturday, April 3, 2010

It was snowy.....

...but now it's warm and we love spring!!! However, for the sake of persistance - I'm going to keep trying to catch up.
She's a lot bigger now - but is there anything better than a sleeping baby?
Aunt Bridget came to visit - twice actually. The first time Bridget got to see a not so happy baby. This was before Zantac. :)
Sadie Beth often "feeds her babies" just like she sees me feed Ainsley. It just so happened that Snow-bear was hungry here. And she's a multi-tasker, reading and feeding simultaneously. Lately, when Sadie Beth "nurses," she will sit on the floor close to where I am sitting with Ainsley, sit perfectly still with the Boppy pillow around her and feed her baby, saying to me occasionally, "I'm a good mommy."

Like I said, lots of snow meant lots of time playing outside with Daddy. Usually, she just wanted to swing. Thankfully, David takes this job. I personally, am not a huge fan of playing in the snow. Guess I need to work on this.
Warming up inside for a bit....

Ainsley is NOT one for wearing hats. They last for about 30 seconds before she gets mad at them. Sadie Beth wore caps all winter long when she was a baby. Not my Ainsley....she'd rather be cold I suppose.
Any one know what to make of this rash? One late afternoon / early evening Sadie Beth got all splotchy. We gave her a dose of Benadryl before bed and she was fine the next morning. We have no idea what it was. It is hard to see in this picture. Poor Ainsley - for a long while she got most of her baths in the sink just like this. Our baby tub wouldn't fit in the sink like it did in the condo. I needed one of those bucket tubs. Don't worry, I scrubbed the sink before each bath. We've since moved on to bigger and better ways...

We had a great visit with Grandma and Grandpa Balzer and Aunt Darla in January. As you can see, Sadie Beth was completely neglected the entire time.
Wearing Grandpa's hat...
This was fun, but I wish I'd thought about it a few weeks earlier. I decided to have playtime with Ainsley in Sadie Beth's doll stroller.
I did not let Sadie Beth in on the fun. (Nor has she seen the pictures - I don't want her to get any ideas). Ainsley's not so sure...
I just love baby-hairdo's...and baby tummies...

Ainsley decided on Aunt Bridget's second visit that they could be best buddies...
Ainsley's eyes are lightening up. I think they will end up quite similar to Sadie Beth's.
We are so blessed to have such sweet girls.Ainsley just makes us smile. She is the sweetest, most easy going baby most of the time. I'm so thankful she just goes with the flow....

1 comment:

Hillary Redden said...

So, I think that is the most dressed I have seen David outside in the winter before. I just remember him at Hanover, ALWAYS wearing shorts, even when it was cold. :)