Monday, February 21, 2011

Hanover hail to thee!

Oh goodness, I'm so behind. I know I should just skip ahead but I can't let too much go unrecorded since this is my only scrapbook. So here goes....
Our sweet second born - it's amazing how different two kids can be. God gave me an Ainsley lest I become to prideful in my parenting skills! This little one can be quite the rascal and even still I love her more than life itself. She can infuriate me, make me smile, make me want to pull my hair out, and make me laugh in a five minute time span.
And my big big girl - she's grown up so much in the last little bit. It's hard to believe Sadie Beth was hesitant to even slide down a slide by herself a year ago. And by the end of this last summer she had assumed the role of "play ground director." We spent so much time at Jtown park that Sadie Beth had made a whole little crew of friends that she only saw at the playground, and she enjoyed leading many rounds of imaginary play during our visits.
We've discovered over the last few months one thing Ainsley takes very seriously....her FOOD. She has been such a good eater, so much so that we often have to cut her off. At church I have to ask the nursery workers not to let her have too much snack so that she will make sure she eats her lunch when we get home.
So thankful for our swingset, and I can't wait for the girls to get back out there when the weather warms up.
When Aunt Darla came to visit in September, we traveled up to mine and David's alma mater for the day. It was one of those "perfect" days.
The weather was absolutely beautiful.
The girls were in good spirits.
And we had a Snow White kite....what could possibly make things better?
Well, David would say lunch at his all-time favoriate Chinese restaurant, Empress. So we did that too.
I love my family. That's all.
And this little girl brightens up my life in so many ways. It was hard to believe we were getting ready to send her off to her first day of preschool right after this trip.
She adores her Daddy. The sun rises and sets with him.
Sadie Beth kept talking about how this was a special place because "College" was the place where Daddy asked Mommy to get married.



And it's around this time that Ainsley decided too that Daddy's one pretty cool guy...moreso every day.
We had a great time on Labor Day at Family-palooza, the highlight for Sadie Beth being the pony ride!

No comments: