Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Preschool!

I cried. I couldn't help it. Sadie Beth was so excited about her first day of preschool. And we were so excited for her.
Not a hint of hesitation...I would have been okay with maybe just a bit.
And what a blessing preschool has been! She's loved it from Day #1.
I think this was about the point I welled up with tears real big as she took off down the sidewalk with her great big "froggy" backpack on that she thanked me for buying at least 15 times just that morning.


She told everyone she was wearing her special rainbow shirt because she was going to Rainbow Preschool.
And I cried the entire ride to school....(from the front seat, so she couldn't see me). I got it together by the time we got there.
It's at a church about 5 minutes away from our home and I'm so glad it worked out for Sadie Beth to go this year. It's been really good for her and I love that she is being taught by the same wonderful ladies that taught me in preschool (at another school).
She jumped out of the van with a cheerful farewell and didn't even look back! She was so excited to go be with her teacher Mrs. Filbert. It makes me happy that she got off to such a good start with school.
She might not have looked back but thankfully Mrs. Decker was sensitive to this reluctant to let go Mommy and let me get one more picture!
We had a special afternoon after we picked her up.......a happy meal, kite flying, and playing at the park!
Boobear loved it too!
We were glad Aunt Darla could be here for all the fun!

The next day after preschool we made a quick trip to the zoo!
It was quite a bit chillier all of a sudden, but not too chilly for Ainsley to enjoy her firt carousel ride. Always a special treat when Daddy comes with us to the zoo!

And we had an early birthday celebration! Aunt Darla decided a Dairy Queen cake was in order.
Next up....birthday parties and more!!! Things slow down quite a bit after September...

1 comment:

Hillary Redden said...

Cute posts, Blair! Looks like a fun time. :)