Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Highview Harvest Party

Somehow I missed a whole bunch of pictures in my first Harvest post and didn't want to leave these out!! Sadie Beth and I so enjoyed the Fall season this year. We talked and learned a lot about the reasons for the different seasons, how God made the world perfectly for us, and did lots of observing as summer turned into fall...(a little ironic that I'm posting this as spring is turning into summer once again!)
One day we decided to go on a special walk to enjoy how beautiful it was outside. We collected leaves to bring home and make a collage. When we we got home Sadie Beth put together this lovely collage and was so proud of her work. Our theme for the day was the verse from Genesis, "All He had made was very good!"
Around this time Sadie Beth decided she was big enough to start eating spinach salads like Daddy and Mommy. She tried...really she did, but it didn't last too long. She just couldn't quite adjust to the taste and texture. Considering her mommy was offered a brand new Teddy-Rupskin doll just to eat one bite of salad when she was a little girl and still wouldn't do it, I don't push it. She'll grow into it!
And this little goof eats her weight in peas just about every week.

I love fall! Thought this was a particularly "fall-ish" looking day. So thankful for our home, lots of room to play in the backyard, and a peaceful neighborhood.
We had a blast at Highview's Harvest party this year! Sadie Beth dressed up as Abby-Cadabby, one of her favorites from Sesame Street...and it just so happened that a friend had made an Ainsley-sized Abby-Cadabby costume for her daughter a couple years ago. I loved that they got to match!!
It's amazing how much difference a year can make! Last year at the Harvest Party, we eagerly anticipated Ainsley's arrival and Sadie Beth wasn't so sure about all the activities.
This year, Sadie Beth loved participating in each of the different games and we had this silly little thing that was nearing her first birthday!!!

Take note - this picture was taken on Nov. 2nd...and it wasn't the last bowl full of tomatoes I pickjed for the year! I was quite proud of my cherry tomatoes....though I certainly needed a confidence booster after something went terribly wrong with my cucumbers. Every cucumber that grew on my plant had some sort of odd tumor shape and turned bright orange. yikes!
Don't let this one fool you - she looks innocent, but is quite the little stinker.

No comments: