Tuesday, August 28, 2007

She must be very smart!!! (36 weeks, 3 days)

Scout must be one smart kiddo...at least that is what our ultrasound last Friday indicated! She is measuring in the 65th percentile in weight (approx. 6.9 lbs +/- 1 lb), her torso is on the small side for gestational age, arms and legs fairly normal, but oh her head!! :) According to the ultrasound tech, it's big. So, I figure she must be very intelligent. I read early on in my pregnancy that omega-3 fatty acids are good for brain development, so I made sure to get them every day during the first and second trimester by putting them in my yogurt at lunch. It must have paid off! The ultrasound was lots of fun...David was able to come and it was neat to see how much she has grown. The whole time she was sucking on her hand so we weren't able to get a super clear picture of her face. The estimated "due dates" based on all the different measurements they took varied greatly...from September 8 - 23/24, so who knows when she will actually be here. Most of them were earlier than 9/22, which is my actual due date. I was hoping to find someone with a scanner to put up one of the pictures, but no luck there.
Things have gotten a bit more on the hectic side this week, as we are now looking for a new placement for my dad. Things just aren't working out for him at Atria, and we have about 30 days to figure things out...but the bigger time crunch is that Scout is coming in likely 25 or less days! Prayers for wisdom and discernment in decision making are much appreciated as we navigate through the murky waters of nursing homes, Medicaid, Social Security, etc. Not something I anticipated for these last few weeks, but know that God will provide and take care of all of us. Hopefully Scout will stay nice and cozily put inside mommy for a couple of weeks more til we get things ironed out!!
I decided to tote my camera along to church on Sunday to get a picture of David and me. It was a beautiful day and we sortof looked color coordinated. We don't have too many pictures of both of us throughout this pregnancy, and certainly none that I really liked...but one came out sortof okay. We are both a bit "squinty."
Then I realized that this is the same outfit I'm wearing in practically EVERY picture that is posted thus far. I really do have other maternity clothes, I promise! That's all for now, I suppose. Time to go make some dinner...turkey and rice "something" is on the menu...not sure exactly what the "something" will be. Oh yeah...just a random bit of information for you...I know 14 gals other than myself who are either expecting or who JUST became moms very recently. How fun is that? Whoa...don't drink the water. :)

1 comment:

Jason and Jodee said...

Hey, is that a new shirt of David's? I really liked it the other day and don't remember seeing it before. And so I know you told me about her head being big, but I never thought how that would play with delivery...not to scare you or anything. But she's not being very considerate of you! And after all you do for her...