Friday, August 31, 2007

Baby Boom! (36 weeks, 6 days)

Two posts in one week...I'm on a roll, huh? So excited about the gorgeous day we are having here and looking forward to planting myself next to the pool later this afternoon. Scout "loves" going to the pool...or at least that is what I use as my excuse for visiting frequently. We are a one car fam for the day, as our Camry is in the shop...we have a power steering fluid leak...crossing our fingers that it won't cost too much to fix. David insists that the car is acting out because it misses him driving it now that he is driving the Sentra - ha! I'm glad we are getting it fixed, though, as I've gotten quite a few odd looks as I have been filling it up with power steering fluid before I drive anywhere I go...the grocery store, looking at various nursing homes, etc. It's funny to observe human behavior in those situations where I am standing in front of the car with the hood up. Sometimes people just look at me strangely, others offer a sympathetic glance in my direction, and a few have actually offered to help...usually after they notice my bulging belly. People are funny creatures, huh?
Last Thursday night was another baby shower for one of the gals at church...the last shower for the current baby boom we are experiencing at Grace. I think I have been to 5 showers since May for church friends...very fun! Stephanie brought her camera, so we were able to get a picture of the September mommies with our beautiful preggie glow. Heather is on the left, due first, on Sept. 5th; Stephanie is next on Sept. 10th; and of course I'm Sept. 22nd! We'll see who makes their debut first...their little boys or our little girl.
Just returned from the doctor...got to see the one that I like today. Sad news...she's leaving the practice! That makes me think I will probably leave as well after Scout comes and I finish my follow up appointments. I haven't been thrilled with the other two docs. In baby news, Dr. Bruneau confirmed that Scout, "...has a very big head" and that if I go til my due date, "...will be a large baby." I'm about 1cm dilated, and it appears that she has dropped a bit.
Good news! (I've written this post throughout the day). Our car is ready. The mechanic called a couple of hours ago and said it was going to be either an easy fix and relatively inexpensive or a more difficult fix and over double the cost of the easy alternative. They tried the easier fix first, and it worked! It is so amazing how God continues to provide for us and meet our needs. Now, of course, even if it would have cost more, things would have been okay and God would still have been providing...but I'm so thankful that He chose to provide in this less expensive way this time. :)

3 comments:

Jason and Jodee said...

I was so excited when I was dilated 1 or 2 cm...but then it went on for weeks. It was kind of a bummer. But it's exciting you're getting somewhere and hopefully you'll get that 1.5 hour labor you want (anything can happen!) :).

Jason and Jodee said...

Oh, and props on the frequent posting!!

katy said...

Hey, you're wearing a different outfit. ;) Just teasing you since you always complain that you have on the same one in pictures.

Just think, in a few weeks baby Scout will be here! I hope for your sake that labor comes easily, especially with Scout's big head! :)