Friday, August 17, 2007

Showers and such....34 weeks, 6 days...but who's counting?

Hello! It's been awhile....July and August have been very exciting for the Balzer's. We are finally getting more settled into our new home and are so thankful for how God is providing for us each and every day. My last day at Seven Counties was August 7...woohoo! I loved my team out at Oldham County, and know that they consider me INCREDIBLY old fashioned but I am SO into the staying at home gig. I love being able to have time to do the things I never did before...clean, organize, run errands, and get ready for Scout! Not once have I been bored. David insists that I have officially entered into an insane state of nesting....getting all of Scout's things organized, clothes washed, room set up, etc. I'm not a naturally organized or tidy person, so this time is giving me a chance to be intentional about getting our home ready for her arrival. Better now than when sleep deprived!
Another way that we have been so blessed is through some wonderful baby showers! David and I are so thankful for all of those who have helped us get all of the things we need for Scout. I wish I could post pictures of all the fun festivities, but unfortunately, I stink at remembering to take pictures...this hopefully will be remedied with Scout's arrival. Due to my lack of pictures, I am forced to rely on stealing pictures from other people and so there aren't too many...especially after eliminating all of the "preggie" pics that I don't approve of. But, here are a few...
My first Louisville shower was given by Abby and Lauren and many of my high school friends were there. I was surprised that so many were able to make it...it was the biggest group of us that have been together for awhile! It's amazing that we all still are friends after 7 years, especially considering there were only 57 in our graduating class...(i think?). Fun side note...the three of us on the couch are all expecting; needless to say Katy is a bit behind Abby and I. My next shower is unfortunately the one suffering from lack of pictures. It was on August 4 at church, given by our awesome friends, Jason and Jodee Upchurch. Jodee did so much planning to make it a special afternoon and it was just that. We had a cookout for both gals and guys, enjoyed some yummy treats, and enjoyed spending time with friends. It was neat feeling so supported by our church family.
Last weekend I headed up to Indianapolis for a great night with my girls. Bridget and Sarah gave me a shower with a handful of college friends. It was fun to catch up with everyone, especially those whom I have not seen for a long time!
After the shower, Bridget and Sarah insisted we take some belly pics...(no worries, no bare bellies included). Here is one of me at 34 weeks. You might notice that I'm wearing the same outfit at all my showers...it's my favorite, but I do have other maternity clothes, I promise. Bridget and Sarah decided they needed to experience what it was like to be 8+ months pregnant. Too bad the pillows weighed less than a pound. We had fun being silly. And though very "posed," I put this picture in to compare to the one in an earlier post. I guess I look a little more pregnant here. Scout is definitely growing quickly nowadays. She's wearing me out...I'm definitely tiring a bit more quickly and I'm a bit more "waddly" that just a few weeks ago.
So there are some baby shower bits for you. Too bad I don't have any recent pictures of David to include...I should have taken one of him yesterday. We had horrible storms right as he was getting off of work and he got drenched walking to his car. Poor guy looked like he had jumped in the pool with his clothes on even when he got home. Maybe we will get a pre-baby family picture in the next couple of weeks. I had a dr. appointment this morning, and all looks well. Scout is still measuring a bit big, so we are going to do a growth check ultrasound next Friday...though it isn't anything to be super concerned about. This time she only measured about 1cm big, which isn't surprising since they moved my due date back at the beginning. Hopefully I can talk someone into scanning those pictures for me so everyone can see our baby girl!

2 comments:

Jason and Jodee said...

I'm glad you got up a new post :). I check every day just in case. And I didn't think about David with the storms - that's kind of funny :) Sorry about no pics from the shower - I even had the camera but was too busy babysitting that I didn't take any. That's a slew of girls!! Glad you had fun :).

Jenn's Blog said...

All your showers looked great! And you do too. I enjoyed reading a new blog. I check almost everyday:) It's almost baby time!