Monday, March 31, 2008

My Husband....

My new project is making Sadie Beth's baby food. I am amazed at how easy it is-- so much so that I've actually considered going into some sort of baby food making business for my friends/people that I know if they'd be interested, but I don't know that it would be worth it. More than 1 lb (16oz) of some veggies (peas, green beans, etc) cost only $.77 to make, where as a jar of the same baby food (2.5oz) cost anywhere from $.33 (on very good sale) -$.50 each. I'm sticking with the basics and not really doing any off the wall foods, but I'm totally into it.
So, on to my story...today I made my first batch of baby food peas. David comes in from work, looks in the refrigerator for a snack and gets out a piece of leftover Tombstone Pizza. He then sees the peas and says, "What are those?" He opens the lid as I'm telling him that they are peas and how gross I think they are. Peas are about at the top of my gross foods list. I can't stand them!!! While I'm rambling on about how I despise peas, my husband, who will eat anything, takes a big spoonful of the cold pureed yuckiness and exclaims, "Delicious!" After consuming several spoonfuls, he then proceeds to pour some of Sadie Beth's peas all over his slice of pizza and eats 2 slices this way! He thinks it's great. Many of you know that I'm blessed to be married to a man who is very easy to please when it comes to food. I'm actually a pretty good cook, but every now and then I have experiments that turn out not so deliciously. He will eat just about anything and he will eat the same things over and over and over again. Before we were married and he was living in Texas, most of his meals consisted of what I lovingly refer to as "1-Pot Wonders," where he put something from every food group into one large pot on the stove and let it cook. A few that he has described to me are pretty hideous. And so today we can add this new strange food experiment to the list...pepperoni pizza with pureed peas. How funny is this? He cracks me up.

7 comments:

Hillary Redden said...

I just have one word - Disgusting!

Jackie Bragg said...

That sounds awful! That picture of Sadie Beth however is adorable.

katy said...

Oh my! That is too gross! :) Sadie is too cute with her peas all over her mouth.

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a man who knows what he likes! Somewhere on that list is peas, but I'm willing to bet that list has made the appropriate room for his vegetable pureeing wife.

Abby said...

That's super gross. Ewww! I guess I know never to worry about pleasing David whenever he comes over for dinner :-). Now Blair on the other hand...

Abby said...

That's super gross. Ewww! I guess I know never to worry about pleasing David whenever he comes over for dinner :-). Now Blair on the other hand...

Jason and Jodee said...

Props on the baby food making!! Told you it was worth it! And when we were in Cali for Thanksgiving, I had leftover food for Zach that I couldn't take home with us...and my sister in law was super excited! She had some of his food as well, and decided that's the way we ought to all eat food :). She made "Zach soup" with all of the leftover veggies.