Tuesday, April 21, 2009

New Babies and Busy Weeks!

What busy few weeks it's been for our family!

First things first...mark your calendars for November 12th...why, you ask? Because that is the estimated arrival date of Sadie Beth's little sister or brother!!! We are thrilled to be expecting our second child. I'm almost 11 weeks along and feeling pretty good. I went through a few weeks where I was just SOOOO tired all the time, but that seems to pass and I don't have any excuses any more for a daily nap. Now I just have heartburn. Regularly. Maybe Baby Balzer #2 will have just as much hair as Sadie Beth when he or she comes along. Sadie Beth seems to get that something is going on...it's strange because we don't talk about it much around her, but she does...on a regular basis she approaches me, lifts up my shirt and kisses my belly. This is a little embarrassing in public places and I've tried to explain that not everyone wants to see Mama's bare belly, as attractive as it may be. ha!

In other news, we are officially homeowners and have moved out of my dad's condo....which is such a blessing in reference to the matter above because it means that Baby will not be sleeping in our closet. We were so blessed by our time living in my dad's condo - it was a time where God's provision, though certainly ALWAYS present in our lives, was so completely obvious it couldn't be mistaken for anything else. David and I will always look back at our time in the condo with so much fondness...it is where we brought home our first little baby and watched her grow by leaps and bounds right before our eyes. We will remember our LOST marathons and our "home dates"...many many evenings spent at home eating dinner on the living room floor and spending time together with special treats like ice cream. I think for both of us, one of our most special memories will be the 10:30pm feeding I did for Sadie Beth during her first six months or so. We had such a sweet routine. David would go and get her out of bed while I waited for him to bring her to me in the dark living room. She would always snuggle up so close with him as she remained asleep. Then I would nurse, and without her ever hardly stirring I would put her back in bed. Many nights I held her after she finished, just snuggling my sweet girl, my precious gift from God. Okay, I'm tearing up a little now, so I think I'll stop. Darn pregnancy hormones...

David has spent a LOT of time lately reading the "Moooon" book (aka Goodnight Moon) with Sadie Beth. She eats up every minute of it. On each page there is a teeny tiny mouse and she has learned to find the mouse on each page; she points to it and says, "Cheepcheep." (squeak)

Rain boots are still so much fun. In fact, this morning after she went potty, she ran into her room naked as can be, put them on and started stomping around her room with them on. She has a hard time walking in them still because they are big on her so she lifts her feet up about a foot and a half each step she takes. It was one of those times I wish I had my video camera out.
Poor sick girl. When Sadie Beth gets sick, even if it is just a cold, she seems to get these ridiculous, long lasting fevers - usually around 103 degrees - and they stick around for days!
Sadie Beth found a BUNNY during pack and play time! She was carrying on with so much excitement I had to go in and find out what she was talking about. She saw a bunny out the window of our bedroom and was ecstatic. She looked for the bunny every day after that.

Very excitedly telling me about the bunny. She is getting to where she will tell stories about things that happen to her. It's funny to hear what sticks with her.
Goldfish on the table?!?! What a special treat! Normally mommy makes her sit in her chair for snacks at home. Mean mommy.

Grapes and goldfish...does it get any better than this?

Two tails...that is what Sadie Beth says repeatedly when she has pigtails. I love pigtails...


Sadie Beth has so much enjoyed her two Easter books about "Jeee...." (Jesus). We have read them endlessly....obviously, we are okay with this! :)

One day when we were outside getting ready for the move, David's car door was open. I turned around for just a moment only to find Sadie Beth had climbed in the car, over the passenger seat and into the driver's seat to "DRIIIIII!" She thought she was pretty big stuff.


Easter pictures!

It's getting so hard to get good pictures of her looking at the camera because she is ALWAYS on the go.
Soon I hope to post some before and after pictures of the house!

4 comments:

Suth-ern Mama said...

Congratulations, Blair. I am so excited for you on the Baby and the house...but more so the Baby! Yay! Maia's due date was November 10 of this past year so our baby's birthday's will be very close in deed. Hope the pregnancy goes well!

Unknown said...

Congrats, Blair! Such exciting news with the baby AND the house! I'm looking forward to hearing more about both.

And Sadie Beth - she's such a beautiful big girl! I love the clothes you dress her in. I can't believe it's been so long since I saw her - she wasn't even walking yet!

Jenn's Blog said...

:) I am so excited to read a update!! love the pictures! Can't wait to see the house.!!

Lindsay said...

What wonderful news!!!! I'm SO excited for you guys! We are hoping to come through L-vill on our way to WV to see my dad, but we're not sure of any definite plans. I'll keep you posted:)