Monday, May 4, 2009

No BonBons involved, thank you VERY much!!!

Don't people just shock you sometimes? They do me, that's for certain. Here's a little story that will make all my stay-at-home-mom friends at least a little perturbed, if not appalled. I will toss in some Sadie Beth pictures for cuteness. Last Thursday, a plumber came to fix our leaking toilet. The whole thing started off on a bad foot, as he threw partially smoked cigarettes in our driveway and street and then had to leave our home with the water off for about 45 minutes because he didn't have the parts we needed in the van. (This is how Sadie Beth felt about both of those things:)Okay, those things I can deal with...but here's the kicker....as I filled out the home warranty forms and paid the deductible, we were talking about his family. He talked about his 3 kids and 3 stepkids and how he was looking forward to leaving his family to go fishing for a week. I asked if his wife got a week away for vacation too. (Sadie Beth on a "zoo-cation" here).
His response, you ask? "Naw, she's on vacation everyday." And because I couldn't just leave it be, I of course asked how that was. (Sadie Beth is feeling mischievieous while we were packing, just like I suppose I was last Thursday). He told me that she is just a "stay at home mom so every day is a vacation for her." (oh no he didn't, says Sadie Beth)
Apparently, he has about the same amount of sense as this stinking adorable baby giraffe because he definitely did say that to me.
My response to him: "Excuse me!?! Did you really just say that to me? Um, because, well, I'm a stay at home mom. And you've been here for about an hour, right? Have I been sitting on the couch eating bon bons? Have I been lazily watching soap operas? I don't think so." (He had seen me running around after this little munchkin...
...with whom there is never a dull minute around our household. (I walked into the living room the other day and found that Sadie Beth had decided it was time for a few diaper). :) Well, our friendly (read: rude) plumber sputtered all over himself for a minute, saying, "well I didn't mean anything bad. I, I, I didn't say that." (I probably had a slightly smug look on my face as I watched him suffer - just like my very proud toddler here).
So there's my story....can you believe that? Sheesh. (Sheesh is also what Sadie Beth had to say about wearing a sweater and tights with her pretty little Easter dress on Easter morning).
Though this face seems to deny the fact that she could ever be an ounce of anything but sweetness, right?
A few more picture highlights from the last couple of weeks....This isn't a very good picture at all, but Sadie Beth loved the gorillas at the zoo. We've been twice now with our pass, and has enjoyed them both trips. The first time was pretty amazing, though. One gorilla came right up to her. She put her hand on the glass and it put his hand on the class opposite hers. Then she lay her head on the glass to "hug" the gorilla and he did the same thing. So neat to watch...
I love pigtails. :)
We are getting settled in our new home. Sadie Beth adjusted pretty quickly - though is still waking up earlier in the mornings than she needs too - I think she can here David downstairs moving around because she doesn't wake early on the weekends when we are in bed!

1 comment:

katy said...

Wow, I can't believe that plumber said that! But I loved the pictures of Sadie Beth! So funny. :)