Monday, May 25, 2009

Dear God, "kyou shor strawbees!"

Can I tell you how much I just love this sweet little girl to pieces? Last night, as we were getting Sadie Beth ready for bed, I had just finished drying her hair and told her it was time for her medicine (antibiotic for bronchitis last week). Since Sadie Beth LOVES taking it and her "job" of putting it back in the refrigerator, she took off RUNNING for the kitchen shouting "Medikun!!!" She practically landed in the refrigerator, since she was running so fast with her sleeper padded feet. As David caught her, he made a comment about just how much JOY we have in our lives because of Sadie Beth...and it is true. She is so full of love and life and sweetness (and stinkerness at times too). We are so blessed by her. One exciting thing as of late has been to hear and watch Sadie Beth love to pray. I think I've written about it before, but it is just such a special thing for a mama to see grow in her little one's heart. Whenever we sit down for each meal, she announces that it is time to pray...but it is more than that. She will want to pray all day long. I was especially touched because the other night she was SOOOOO excited to have some strawberries at the end of dinner. If you can imagine a bouncing toddler in her high chair, that was Sadie Beth as I was cutting them up for her. I put them on her tray, and she ate a couple and then stopped. I asked her if everything was okay and she said, "Pray!" I said okay; we folded our hands and started our typical routine....I say, "Dear..." and Sadie Beth says, "God". Then she piped up with, "Kyou shor strawbees!" And my heart melted. She wanted to thank God for her yummy strawberries that I had made for her. David and I are always trying to teach Sadie Beth about thankfulness. We want her to know that everything we have comes from the Lord and that we need to be thankful for all His blessings in our lives. We talk about being thankful regulary. It was so neat to see this little bit of "fruit" blooming in her little heart at such a young age.

We've been having so much fun in the warm weather! Especially at the park with friends.
Here is one of Sadie Beth's friends, Miss Kendra Ruth. She is my friend Katy's daughter and we have enjoyed playing with her lately.
And feeding her goldfish during one of our picnic lunches recently.

Here's one worry off my plate! This was my dad's car, and it had been sitting in the parking lot at the condo since March 2007. The association was on my behind to get it moved - and I really just needed to figure out what to do with it. When Dad first got sick, we weren't quite ready to get rid of his car because we didn't know if he would ever need it again. Now that we know he won't, I listed it on Craigslist and was completely overwhelmed by how many responses we got...over 100 in less than a day. I'm thankful it sold so quickly and hassle free!
On rainy and cold days, we enjoy going to Noah's Ark at Southeast to play. I think Sadie Beth feels big playing here.

Don't be fooled - she actually won't go very far into the ark....she's a little too timid still and unsure of herself physically. She'll get there one day.
Sometimes Sadie Beth plays like it's her job. Serious business...
Fun with daddy!
Sadie Beth is learning how to say "Cheese!" She gets the silliest grin on her face whenever I tell her to look at me and say cheese.
We talk a lot about babies in tummies these days. She frequently reminds me that my friend Miss Jenn has a baby in her tummy named Callie. She has also started telling random people there is a baby in my tummy. She was telling me here as she read her "Nonny" book. It is the book "I love you forever" - the baby on the front cover is being "naughty," and she gets a kick out of shouting out "Nonny" while walking around the house with it in her hands.

Fun new toys! Sadie Beth has a sweet adopted Nana Helen, who just loves her to pieces. Well, Nana Helen's sister, Ophelia, found some toys for Sadie Beth at a yard sale recently. And what a blessing these new toys are for us! She found a Little People doll house - the exact one I've been looking for at yard sales for the past year. I was so excited for Sadie Beth to get this toy, and she LOVES it. I've been amazed at how long she will play with it.
Yikes!Not so good news....we had an adventure last week....we had scheduled for our air ducts to be cleaned out and found out that the entire inside of our air conditioner was covered in various kinds of mold that had been growing because the people who lived in the house before us never changed their air filter. NICE. It had been blowing all through the vents in our house. LOVELY. We think this might be one contributing factor to why we've all been so allergy ridden lately - breathing in mold and mildew is never good. We ended up paying 10x more than the originally scheduled duct cleaning, but at least it is taken care of. We are hoping to get reimbursed for some of it, since the home inspector should have absolutely caught it when he did his inspection before we bought the house. Either way, we know God will take care of us.

More fun posts to come soon!

1 comment:

katy said...

you got some cute pictures from the park!

Sadie Beth sure is a sweetie. :) I'm glad that you all are having so much fun these days!