Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Foot-phones, Father's Day, and other summer fun!

It took summer a little longer than usual to make it's Louisville debut. While we were waiting out the cool and rainy weather, one day I attempted Playdough with Sadie Beth for the first time. I think she had more fun chasing the cookie cutters around the floor after we put the Playdough away.
"If you like to talk to tomatoes, if a squash can make you smile. If you like to waltz with potatoes, up and down the produce isle...have WE got a show for YOU!" Have I mentioned how in love with Veggie Tales my child is? Particularly the $0.25 Silly Songs with Larry video that we got her at a yard sale. She is feeling big lying on the couch here. This was when she was sicky-sick. Poor little thing had a high fever for over a week. We never did figure out what it was, but 3 antibiotics later we finally got it nipped. It was definitely a bacterial infection because her white blood cell count was REALLY elevated. My poor boobear.
She is ALL girl - loves to talk on the phone every chance she gets. She has a whole list of people that she "calls," usually in the same order each time.
Jumpy-bed, jumping bed! This is what Sadie Beth named the air mattress when Aunt Bridget spent the night with us in June. Bridget instantly became one of Sadie Beth's most favorite people in the world....seriously.
I believe Sadie Beth is getting her Veggie-groove on again in this picture...

Happy Daddy Day! David heard that about a hundred times on Father's Day...Sadie Beth was excited to give him his present, which is a really long story - one that I won't go into right now.
Anyone need to make a call? Sadie Beth can lend you her foot phone! She picks her foot up and says, "Hello?"
Lately I've been telling Sadie Beth to "Smile real big for Mommy" when I'm trying to take a picture of her, and this is what I've been getting more often than not. This sunkissed face is back fresh from the swimming pool.
Cookie Monster, check. Fishies, check. Icey cup, check. The perfect combo for post-nap Sesame Street. I wish that it was on at 4pm instead of 10am. Sometimes I record it for later.
During the summer, our Sunday school class has "dinners for six." David and I looked forward to our picnic in the park and meeting some new friends. Sadie Beth decided to make things interesting. She was too excited about swinging to eat, so all I was able to convince her to eat was some yogurt and blueberries....now that I look back it was a lot of blueberries I think. After she ate, David took her to swing. When they came back, Sadie Beth threw up all her yogurt and blueberries. Initially, of course, I was a very concerned mommy. My worry lessened, however, after she then declared "Mo swingin! Mo swingin pease!" She seemed completely fine so I decided to strip her down and let her run free - it was such a beautiful evening that we hated to leave and she had a blast for a while longer before we headed home. As you can see, not sick at all! I'm not sure what the other couples there thought about the whole ordeal, but they both have 3 kids each (all older than SB) so I'm sure they didn't think too badly of us.

No comments: